Saturdays Year-Round Rain or Shine -Dec 2019 thru 4/4/20: 8 to 10 am; 4/11/20 thru Nov 2020: 8 am - Noon
until April 4
Welcome To Matthews Community Farmers' Market!
CORVID-19 UPDATE: WE ARE OPEN!
A BIG THANK YOU to all our customers and vendors who were at the market last Saturday and cooperated with our new safety measures, including the entry control system. Together, it worked well with social distancing and was conducive to a stress-free, calm and orderly environment. How wonderful to witness people working together for the community! We appreciate your continued support and will endeavor to improve our customer service on a weekly basis. Everyone’s safety is paramount, so please continue to follow the social distancing and hygiene measures listed below. We cannot stress enough how important it is to follow these guidelines, in order to ensure their effectiveness:
1. Please stay home if you are sick.
2. The market will start as usual at 8 am. Until that time, our entrances will be cordoned off. At 8 am our customers will be allowed in, 30 people at a time. This is out of fairness to all customers and allows our vendors to set up in a safe space. We ask for your patience and cooperation as you wait. Social distancing is key to slowing down viral transmission, so please either wait in your vehicles or, if you choose to line up on the street, remain 6 feet away from others.
3. Our main aim is to keep people moving quickly, so we ask that you leave the market as soon as you’ve made your purchase/s.
4. Whenever possible, please contact the vendor directly ahead of time with pre-orders and pre-payment. That way, your items will already be packaged and waiting for you at the market, avoiding further handling of products and money. There is a full list of vendors on our VENDOR PAGE
5. If you are unable to attend the market, please contact vendors directly, so you can work out together an alternative pick-up/delivery option.
6. Please refrain from touching others and ensure that at least 6 feet is between you and the next person. If you can both reach out and touch each other’s hands, then you’re too close.
7. You will notice we have created extra spacing between the vendor booths in order to reduce crowding.
8. Please do not touch or handle the products. Instead, point at what you want and let the vendors package your purchases.
9. There will be several wash stations set up on or around the central patio for your use, in addition to hand sanitizers at several of the vendor booths.
10. There will be no sampling of products.
11. The Community House will be closed to customers. We will have the SNAP machine and additional market information available at the table in front of the building.
Mecklenburg County Coronavirus Hotline: 980-314-9400.
Click HERE for instructions on how to make homemade sanitizer.